[mythtv] Plugin devel - wiki up to date?

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Oct 17 13:58:02 UTC 2010

Hi!

On 10/17/2010 6:10 AM, James - wrote:
> I'm about to try to revive or re-write the recipe plugin (the only

I know someone was trying to revive it as well but I don't know what
happened with it...

See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Unofficial_Plugins. Looks like his site
no longer responds at the :8000 port but it does at the normal one.

> reason I actually want mythtv as I don't have a TV capture card on my
> kitchen 'puter) if my skills will allow it, however I'd like to know if

You will be using MythTV only for the recipe part? While I love MythTV
there are probably better suited apps to do this if you don't need the
multimedia capabilities of MythTV.

> the info I'm working with is up to date etc, and whether you think I'd
> be better off modifying the existing version (if I could find it
> anywhere) or starting afresh?

If I were you I would contact the last person who said he was working on
this (which AFAIK is the one listed on the unofficial plugin page).

Have a nice day!

Nick