[mythtv] Advice on debugging EIT

Paul McEnery pmcenery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 17:55:49 UTC 2010

Hi devs.

I'm trying to debug an EIT problem, and I'm not getting enough
information out of "-v all" with regard to EIT.

The problem I am trying to debug is that no EIT data is ever added to
the database. I have EIT enabled on the card, and "on air guide" is
enabled on the channels. I can see EIT scans starting in the verbose
log, but I get no error, and no data. I also know that the network_id
and transport_id are correct, and I can see that 0x4d and 0x4e appear
to have the correct data in a dvbsnoop of the EIT table (0x12).

Is there anything that I can do to get more verbose output? I can't
see why this does not work when other apps such as kaffeine are able
to find the data.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

P.S. I'm running mythbuntu autobuilds: currently on 0.24.0+fixes27364

Many thanks,
Paul.