[mythtv] BrowserBased setup

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 12:12:45 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 24 Nov 2010 11:54:38 Andre wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2010, at 22:27, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > Built-in webserver, C++ and HTML + javascript.
>
> Glad to hear it, I understood the whole point of making the backend
> configuration from web pages was simplicity and to get away from the
> dependency on QT. I don't see the benefit of replacing "requires QT" with
> "requires Flash" or "requires Silverlight", ok the "requires" is on a
> client not the server but still...

We have no plans whatsoever to drop the dependency on QT, the transition to
allow web-based configuration has nothing to do with moving away from QT.

QT is not the 'GUI' library that many people seem to think it is. It's a
complete toolkit which allows abstraction from platform specific APIs and
behaviour. It's what allows much of our platform independence. It's also jam
packed full of useful classes and functions dealing with everything from
networking, to events, to xml,  which are superbly documented. It's basically
what the STD libs should have been.

--
Stuart Morgan
MythTV