[mythtv] Problems recording from two channels in a multiplex

Wed Nov 10 00:53:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,
  Thanks for the help so far.  Due to me being a bit stupid with my filesystem, I'm currently doing a full re-install.  Wheeee.  I have an sql backup which I can pull stuff from, but no recordings.  I was planning to do a fresh install just using the sql backup for guidance rather than importing it.  It has been a while (~4 years?) since I list did that and Sydney DVB channels have changed a bit since then :).

> Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 13:04:57 +0000
> From: Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com>
>
> What card are you using?

I have two DViCO DVB-T lite cards.  They show up in lspci as two devices each, "Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)" and "Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)".  Each has "Subsystem: DViCO Corporation Device db10".

> Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 13:41:21 +0000
> From: Mark <irish at irishmark.co.uk>
>
> wanna send me a dump of your inputgroup table?

INSERT INTO `inputgroup` VALUES (1,1,'DVB0'),(2,1,'DVB0'),(3,2,'DVB1'),(4,2,'DVB1');

My understanding was that the two cardids for a single DVB adaptor should have the same inputgroup.  That is how myth knows that it can only record shows from a single multiplex on those cards.

This is exactly the opposite of what you suggested offline (I hope you don't mind me replying here):

On 06/11/2010, at 11:54 PM, Mark wrote:

> I had this when my input groups were wrong.
>
> Counter-intuitively your inputs for multi-rec must be in DIFFERENT groups. if they are in the same group you will see behaviour like you describe

So I'd then need four input groups, one for each cardid?

If this is the case, what stops the scheduler from scheduling recordings from from completely different multiplexes on the same card?  Are you sure this isn't just covering up a bug that should be tracked down and squashed?  Otherwise I guess I should understand this and then document it somewhere (or is there already documentation that I've missed?).

Just before I broke everything I was logging some extra info from TVRec::StartRecording().  If I can't get things going with the re-install I'll go back and do that.

Thank you all for the help,

Will       :-}