[mythtv] Understanding the myth source code

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 26 14:26:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 07:47:55PM -0400, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> In mythbackend, setup an external channel changer on that input, and it
> won't use the internal firewire channel changer.  The problem is finding one
> that works for your STB.  Try the the changer here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/stb-command/
>
> and see if it works with your STB.  If it does, you can make a script that
> runs the channel changer and then does a sleep.

Of course the real solution would be to make mythtv not hang when an mpeg
stream changes on the firewire link midstream.  Then it wouldn't matter
how long the channel change takes.  That might be a problem for the
decoder to handle though.

I would much rather find a way to fix the internal channel changer given
it does everything else right.  I really don't need to start using an
external script.  That's just too hacky.

--
Len Sorensen