[mythtv] Exif tags: orientation is not always in English

Emmanuel eallaud at gmail.com
Sun May 23 03:20:22 UTC 2010

    Hi all,
I stumbled across this when using mythgallery: some pictures were not
correctly displayed, they were turned 90 degrees on the left or on the
right. It turned out that this is because my reflex puts the exif
orientation tag in french! So the code in galleryutil.cpp is called but
always returns 0 degree angle as it checks only against "left - bottom"
not "gauche - bas".
I could check code from other projects to see how this is handled and
try to come up with a patch if people think this is of interest. We can
at least now warn people using localized cameras.
Bye
Manu