[mythtv] MythUI OSD branch and the way forward

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:27:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:20 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 2010-03-30, at 11:32 AM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
>
>> it wasn't even meant to be posted publicly
>
> Why not? It's a dev topic and this is the dev list. Personally I'd like to hear more about what is being considered and why things get accepted or rejected.
>
> - George

Because even on this list, the signal to noise ratio is
extraordinarily poor.  This thread is just one of many that people
couldn't manage to stay on-topic, and it's a constant discouraging
onslaught of people with complaints about any change, no matter how
small-- it tends to take the wind out of your sails.  Because we have
a vocal minority that want to force us to support ancient hardware
forevermore, they will loudly and obnoxiously oppose any forward
motion.  I know that it really frustrates some people who want to take
on big projects that will benefit us in major ways in the end.

Note that I'm not accusing you of any of this, George, just offering a
perspective on why some prefer to keep discussion within a small
group, or on IRC, or just to "beg forgiveness rather than ask
permission" as my father would say.

Robert