[mythtv] Illegal Instruction Error G3 PPC

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 03:38:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

I built mythtv from sources and it crashes with 'illegal instruction.'

This GDB was configured as "powerpc-linux-gnu"...
[New Thread 0x48046a60 (LWP 7008)]
2010-03-28 20:13:44.814 mythfrontend version: tags/release-0-22 [0.22] www.mythtv.org
[New Thread 0x489a94c0 (LWP 7016)]
[New Thread 0x491a94c0 (LWP 7017)]
[New Thread 0x499a94c0 (LWP 7018)]
[New Thread 0x4a1ca4c0 (LWP 7025)]

Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
[Switching to Thread 0x48046a60 (LWP 7008)]
0x0e284554 in MythUIType::RecalculateArea (this=0x0, recurse=72) at mythuitype.cpp:757
757     void MythUIType::RecalculateArea(bool recurse)

mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 0.22
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-22
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_arts using_jack using_backend using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

I can reproduce this easily, but creating debug stuff is beyond my current skill set.  Let me know if you need more debug info and how to get it.

mpapet