[mythtv] Q: mythweather: character encoding

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 17:29:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Jonathan Martens <jonathan at snetram.nl> wrote:
> On 28-3-2010 16:34, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
>>
>> I have a grabber ready to be committed for trunk (after 0.23 is
>> official) that uses yr.no, which covers pretty much the entire world.
>
> [...]
>
>> Also, please be sure to ensure that any grabber you create adheres to
>> the terms of service for the data provider.  If it doesn't, it most
>> certainly will not be accepted into the repository.  Just a heads up.
>
> The latter might be the case for your grabber as well as according to
> http://www.yr.no/verdata/1.6810075 usage is only allowed from Norway. I am
> not sure if that will pass the criteria to be committed to the repository as
> well.

That is not true.

yr.no says they are primarily doing it for Norway and aren't
encouraging outside use, but do not preclude it.  Read carefully.  I
have had several Norwegians translate the ToS for me, and none of the
translations say it is only available in Norway, nor does the link you
gave.

Sorry to disappoint you ;)