[mythtv] Truncated translation

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 17:49:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:28 AM, gilles <choteau.gilles at orange.fr> wrote:
> after you answer for me patch, I come back here
>
> I unterstand your position, perhaps it possible to find a solution or i make
> a modified theme only for the french communauty
>
> you say "a lot of text placement in Arclight by leaving textareas hanging
> out in space"
> but it's the problem with this part of theme, the text area is small and the
> text option is big. If you want to give a good information to use the text
> option is for me very important.
> see the situation with the unmodified theme
>
> http://www.weplug.com/images_1/46d81814fed59b58a20ce1326ce282e820100316165627.png

The problem is that that's the theme with translated strings-- in
English it is all contained within the panel.  Even in english, I had
to make word choices for the labels that fit.  I am willing to
consider changes, but they need to be consistent with the feeling of
the theme elsewhere, and not hang off the edge as above (and below).
Your modified extrawide widget is also overrunning the panels on the
left and right side, and I would like to see if you can avoid that
too.

Robert