[mythtv] OSD disappearing & locking up on "Please Wait"

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 16:18:49 UTC 2010

On my remote frontend (zotac ion dual core, 2gb) I keep losing the osd, at
which point playback continues but any onscreen info is not shown.

Secondly, often when selecting a programme on the rrmote frontend the please
wait screen shows and never goes to the programme playback.

Both fe and fe/be are using nvidia vdpau

Fe/be has no such issues and 0.22 has produced a rocksolid be. Much more
reliable than my 0.21 be.

Using hauppauge novat500
Using nfs for mounts
Using ext4 on shared media partitions
Be is intel quadcore
Remote Fe is atom dualcore with ion
Network is cat6 gigabit.

Anyhelp appreciated if anyone has seen similar.

Thanks

Rich

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton