[mythtv] Cross source EIT

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Mar 10 10:14:31 UTC 2010

I have a DVB-S card and an analogue card connected to a Sky decoder.  Some
channels are available through both cards.  Aeons ago, my Myth system was able
to schedule recordings on either device for these "shared" channels in order to
resolve conflicts, but since I rebuilt my system this doesn't seem to be
happening.

I have "Cross source EIT" turned on for the DVB-S card and all the channels are
set to use the on air guide.  There seems to be no documentation at all
regarding the "cross source EIT" setting, so I've had a poke around the code -
with it turned on, it looks like the EIT scanner inserts the programme guide
data into the first channel it finds with a matching service/mux ID.  "First"
seems very arbitrary since there is no ORDER BY clause in the statement.
However, I'm at a loss to understand how the scheduler then retrieves this data
for the channel when it appears on other sources, since the programme guide
data was only added for the "first" match, not all matches.

It looks like http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7672 and
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7789 discuss this issue, but haven't got much
response.

Can anyone explain what I'm missing or point me at some documentation?

Thanks.

--

  - Steve