[mythtv] AC3 playback mangled until timestretch activated

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 1 22:29:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 09:00:16AM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> ROFL..
>
> Have you ever looked at ffmpeg and the h264 libraries ?

I had a suspiccion those were involved.  I actually have seen small
issues that made me think the firewire libraries have compatiblity issues
between versions too.

This doesn't mean those shouldn't be put into a sane state where they
don't keep breaking things.

> Why do you think mplayer is so rarely upgraded on either debian or ubuntu?
> It's such a pain to update it, because it always expect specific
> version of the libraries, in particular h264 and will only compile
> with a recent one.

Well mplayer for the longest time was against runtime cputype detection
for selecting assembly optimizations to use, so I am not going to think
too much of its issues.

--
Len Sorensen