[mythtv] MythTV on Qt4/Embedded

Caglar Akyuz caglarakyuz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:21:03 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Forgive me if my questions are already answered somewhere but a quick search
in list archives and Wiki didn't return any recent results.

I want to port/run MythTV frontend on an embedded system(ARM) and I have 2
questions in mind:

1) Can we run Qt4 backend without X? IOW, is it possible to use Qt4 backend
without running X server and using Qt embedded's builtin server QWS?

2) I want use GStreamer for all multimedia operations due to hardware
acceleration. Is this doable?

I wanted receive some heads-ups while downloading the source. Thanks in
advance.

Best regards,
Caglar