[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25171 by mdean

Thrash Dude thrash.dude at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 22:31:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 05:28:59 +0000 (UTC)
mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:

>       Author: mdean
>         Date: 2010-06-25 05:28:59 +0000 (Fri, 25 Jun 2010)
> New Revision: 25171
>    Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25171
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/configure
>
> Log:
>
> configure: add "AMD Athlon(tm) II" as k8 model name for
> --enable-proc-opt

I don't believe that's correct. I could be wrong, or don't understand
what's going here :)

According to gcc it's an amdfam10 or barcelona

amdfam10, barcelona
    AMD Family 10h core based CPUs with x86-64 instruction set support.
    (This supersets MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, 3DNow!, enhanced
    3DNow!, ABM and 64-bit instruction set extensions.)

Here's the flags for an Athlon II x4 620

vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 16
model		: 5
model name	: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 2612.312
cache size	: 512 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 4
core id		: 3
cpu cores	: 4
apicid		: 3
initial apicid	: 3
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 5
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good
nonstop_tsc extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm
extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit
wdt

Here's the flags for an x86_64 AMD Sempron with pni (K8-sse3). Not your
normal Sempron, just to compare an amdfam10 to a K8-sse3.

vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 15
model		: 44
model name	: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 1807.985
cache size	: 128 KB
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow up rep_good pni

and here's a Phenom which you detect as barcelona.

vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
cpu family	: 16
model		: 2
model name	: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 2808.614
cache size	: 512 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 4
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 4
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 5
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good pni
monitor cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a
misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs

I've often wondered what the definition of sse4_1 is exactly in MythTV.
No AMD chip supports full sse4.1, but instead their own cherry picked
instructions, which they call sse4a?