[mythtv] Regarding EIT

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jun 22 20:22:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 13:43 -0600, Robert Johnston wrote:
> It's a real shame that EIT scanning can't be done more intelligently.
> Something like (Pseudo-code):
>
> sBeginTime = New DateTime.Now();
> EIT.OpenMultiplex(iMultiplex);
> EIT.GetPacket();
> While (!EIT.PacketSeenThisScan()) {
>     EIT.ParsePacket();
>     DB.Insert(EIT.ParsedScheduleData);
>     EIT.GetPacket();
> }
> EIT.CloseMultiplex();
> Job.Schedule(EIT,iMultiplex,(DateTime.Now() - sBeginTime) - iBuffer);

This wouldn't work, some some EIT data is sent much more frequently
than other EIT data. For example the program information for currently
playing streams may be sent hundreds of times before you see one
packet of data for seven days out.

Janne is working on making the scan more intelligent and I'm sure
he will come up with something good. Just give him some time.

-- Daniel