[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

Per Heldal heldal at eml.cc
Tue Jun 22 08:47:54 UTC 2010

On 22/06/10 10:10, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 08:05:41AM +0200, Per Heldal wrote:
>> 1. One initial (seed) transponder has to be added manually to an empty
>> database to be able to scan a satellite position. ("Add transport" is
>> non-functional in mythtv-setup in trunk).
>
> 'Full scan (tuned)' doesn't work for entering the seed transport? please
> file a bug.

There was a message about frequency out of bounds with my setup (HVR4k
w/european universal LNB). It might just need some tweaking to the LNB
setup, or that the default settings for a universal LNB can't be used
for this tuner. I'll get back with details next time I try a fresh scan.

>> 2. The majority of the 200-300 channels returned by a scan are either
>> junk (of no interest) or not included in my subscription.
>
> 'check decryptability' should exclude the channels not included in your
> subscription from the scan results.

True, but there's still tens FTA-channels broadcasting in languages I
don't understand. There are 20+ languages present on 0.8w. Only 5-6 are
of much use to me.

>> To edit and
>> set these invisible with mythtv-setup would take forever. I know
>> channels can be hidden from mythweb, but right now in trunk it only
>> displays visible channels so (re)enabling visibility for a channel to
>> correct a mistake is not an option in mythweb.
>
> There are a couple of loose ends in the channel editor import of scan
> results.
>
>> 3. Mythtv-setup is only able to find and download icons for a small
>> fraction (<5%) of the available channels. I've found it much simpler to
>> maintain my own set of channel icons (from sources like lyngsat.com) and
>> cut-paste paths into the channel-table with some grid-view table-browser
>> for the few channels I keep as visible.
>
> mythtv-setup should know the lyngsat.com icons.

I'll have to return with further details after next scan, but my last
scan/cleanup with a fresh trunk build (last week) only returned icons
for a handful of channels.

//per