[mythtv] MythWeather Changes

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 05:25:54 UTC 2010

At this point in trunk, I am moving the weather.com weather maps into their
own directory, splitting them out from us_nws.  As a side effect, anyone
using those animated maps and static maps may need to remove the maps and
readd them.  And you will also need to do a make distclean and recompile, as
the Makefile needs to be regenerated to install the new directory correctly.

MythWeather has not been given much love in quite some time, so it seems
it's time to play catch-up in that plugin.  Sorry for the bumpy ride.

I have also modified each theme to work properly with mythweather (some were
only half-way there), and to add the copyright/credits to every screen on
every theme in SVN.  I plan to potentially be adding code to enforce that it
is there as we need this text to be within TOS of several data sources.

I plan on investigating if we really are allowed to use the weather.com images.
 My reading of their TOS indicates that without their approval, we may not.
 If this is the case, and they do not grant approval...sorry to say it, but
all those maps will be removed from MythWeather.  I will look to see if
wunderground has anything comparable and useful that fit within their
particular TOS.

Fun times.