[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jun 22 01:49:02 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 17:16 +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> I remember reading about PostgreSQL support before but it seemed to
> die out, and the wiki page seemed to have been removed.  Is this still
> actively being developed?  If not, would anyone object the side
> project being resurrected?

It was decided long ago that supporting multiple SQL interpreters
was not worth expending our limited developer resources on. While
you are of course free to maintain this yourself it has no reasonable
hope of being merged into mainline MythTV. Of course, if you find
bugs in mysql usage while maintaining such a fork tickets should be
opened and dealt with, but while the PostgreSQL branch was being
maintained I don't recall any such reports being generated. A couple
large patches were submitted that actually broke mysql support, but
no "this fixes X bug here" patches were generated so it wasn't very
useful to the project at large.

-- Daniel