[mythtv] Renewing PostgreSQL support

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jun 21 17:59:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 05:28:40PM +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> It is not being actively developed to my knowledge and we have
> no intention of _ever_ committing such patches. Any work you do
> *will* be wasted.
>
> It is far more likely that we'll move to embedded mysql to ease
> the administration overhead for users.

Certainly mysql currently works, and the limitations of mysql (compared
to say postgresql) certainly don't seem to be any issue for mythtv.
You aren't going to have thousands of simultanious database accesses in
mythtv, so scalability isn't a concern.

An embedded mysql does sound interesting.  I assume that means mysql
would be embedded in mythbackend.

--
Len Sorensen