[mythtv] OSD timeout settings

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 21:06:49 UTC 2010

Hi

On 17 June 2010 06:59, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> I would like info to dismiss it too.  So info toggles it on and off,
> with the timeout being the automatic off.  Well at least info dismiss
> anything info put up.  The OSD for channel changes and such I am not
> sure why I would ever want to extend for any reason.

I give you an example on when/where it can be an issue...

It happened just today..

Wife is watching LiveTV, she's about to change channels, when she
realises that something of interest is being displayed. She want to
write it down.
By the time she realised, she presses exit (she press info , and press
exit to make it disappear). Unfortunately, this coincides with the
timeout, she ends up on the main menu instead. Used to display for
10s, now it's 5s she isn't used to that

Sure, I showed her how she can go into recordings, change the filters
to see the live TV recordings... Long and annoying. And she was even
more annoyed when she realised that when she wanted to watch a
recording, all she could see were live tv stuff, cause you had to
change the filters once again...

Result -> Low WAF..