[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25085 by danielk

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jun 11 13:55:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-11 at 13:47 +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 11 June 2010 12:30,  <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
> > New Revision: 25085
> > Make some attempt to keep captions visible on zoom.
> > This is not as sophisticated as the pre-MythUI OSD algorithm and may not work for teletext menu's, but it works acceptably for captions.
> Why didn't you just use the old algorithm? it's still in VideoOutWindow.

I used it for the XVideo type videos, but I didn't know enough about
MythUI OSD to plug in the aspect and scaling ratios. For the full screen
OSD I used the displayed portion of the video so it would use only the
video section of the display when the whole video is on screen, but it
would still display the captions when zoomed in.

Getting the bounds right is obviously only step 1 of many, but it makes
most of the captions appear on screen again and not showing up on the
screen is a critical defect for closed captions. It's a violation of
the reg for 708 captions, but it's not just the law it's common sense ;]

-- Daniel