[mythtv] [Q]: can someone point me to where myth "decides" if a stream is encrypted or not?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jun 10 13:05:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 19:57 +0100, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> On 6 June 2010 17:32, Emmanuel <eallaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, you would be looking for the individual packets to be wrongly marked.
> So, I think the most likely place for the wrong detection is in the
> isencrypted() function (or one of a similar name)
> Having looked at the code, the test is currently incorrect, so you
> might wish to correct it.
> For example the test tests a 2 bit field.
> Values     Correct identified as encrypted     Myth identification
> 00           0                                               0
> 01           0                                               1
> 10           1                                                1
> 11           1                                               1

I noticed that TSPacket::ScramblingControl() was being used as a boolean
when fixing the spelling (was scrampling). I've attached a patch to
#8549 that uses TSPacket::Scrambled() instead where ever a boolean is
desired. That function only returns the top bit and so is what should
have been used in those cases. ScramblingControl() returns the whole two
bit field as an integer.

I'm not able to test the patch right now, so I can't apply it, but
it should solve at least this problem.

-- Daniel