[mythtv] [Q]: can someone point me to where myth "decides" if a stream is encrypted or not?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Jun 9 12:50:46 UTC 2010

On 06/06/2010 17:32, Emmanuel wrote:
> Hi all,
> I actually want to do the following: there is one sat channel here which
> is free that is no decryption is required whereas most channels are
> encrypted. The problem is that this stream is flagged in the dvb tables
> as encrypted and then myth tries, rightly so, to decrypt which does not
> work. SO my question is where is the code where the stream is detected
> as needing decryption and how can I permanently change that (I could
> even write a patch with a button in the setup to ask for that if others
> need that sort of broken tables work-around).
> TIA
> Bye
> Manu

It's highly likely that the broadcaster is marking the streams as
encrypted when they aren't.

It seems many of the equipment manufacturers didn't read the standards
they were implementing, they merely glanced at them.

It's not really a problem if you control both the broadcast and
receiving end of the stream, you can do what ever you want.
It's a royal pain in the butt for myth tho as it needs to work in
multiple territories who all implemented the same standards in their
own special way :)

stuart