[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r24980 by robertm

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 13:06:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:16 PM,  <mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org> wrote:
>      Author: robertm
>        Date: 2010-06-05 23:16:57 +0000 (Sat, 05 Jun 2010)
> New Revision: 24980
>   Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/24980
>
> Log:
>
> MythVideo: Add a "processed" flag to the database indicating eligibility
> for a mass metadata grab.  Basically, one can mark home
> videos/metadata-free files as "Disable Updates" in the menu and any
> mass metadata grab will ignore them.  Any completed metadata grab
> also sets the "processed" flag so in theory, only newly added items
> will ever be taken in a mass metadata grab.

I'm not sure if a boolean "processed" flag is robust enough.  To me it
seems like a tri-state flag would be better (unprocessed, processed &
never process).  That way you could have a script go through and look
for updated metadata for all the "processed" stuff but leave the
"never process" stuff alone.

I know in my situation I have a lot of music videos that should be
marked "never process".  I also have a lot of old Westerns that had a
successful metadata grab (making them "processed").  But they are
still missing descriptions or artwork.  Then I have some movies that
did not have a successful metadata grab; these should be marked
"unprocessed".  It would be nice if all three of these conditions
would be visible (leading to the suggestion of a tri-state flag).

-Ryan