[mythtv] mythtv commit: r25498 by kormoc

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jul 30 16:57:49 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 06:43:41AM +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
>       Author: kormoc
>         Date: 2010-07-30 06:43:41 +0000 (Fri, 30 Jul 2010)
> New Revision: 25498
>    Changeset: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25498
>
> Modified:
>
>    trunk/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/scheduler.cpp
>
> Log:
>
> Scheduler optimization, this prevents any programs already in the past from being considered for scheduling, in my tests this gives a significant improvement to scheduler run times and does not modify the selected programs

kormoc, this optimization is too aggressive.  It is very common to
schedule recordings, especially sports, to run past their program end
time.  I suspect this change breaks the ability to change the
recording end time of an ongoing recording or restart one if the
current time is past the program end time.  At a minimum, this change
should use the recording end time instead of program end time.  It
should probably also allow several hours of slop to allow for widely
divergent end times between normal and override rules.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net