[mythtv] ImportRecorder

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Jul 29 00:30:15 UTC 2010

* On Wed Jul 28, 2010 at 09:24:10AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> There is good reason to keep the file:// stuff in MpegRecorder as
> it allows you to test that recorder, in particular how it handles
> keyframe processing which is different from how the comm flag
> process does it. But I think points B & C are still valid.

The file:// mode also rate-limits the 'recording' to allow
more in-depth testing and demo-ing.  You can have a 1GB 'demo' file
but if you only play 3 seconds, it doesn't try to copy 1GB, it only
copies ~3 seconds worth.  The file:// mode also loops, so if you
play that same 1GB file for 3hours, it will loop back to the
beginning of the input file keep copying data.

--
Chris