[mythtv] Switched Digital Video Problem

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Jul 26 19:48:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:54 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:28:21AM +0200, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>
> Please don't reply in html on the MythTV lists.
>
>> > My guess is that any IR activity would suffice for the STB to think
>> > someone is still watching.  A couple of minutes before it actually
>> > switches channels, it does pop up a message telling the viewer to
>> > press OK to continue watching.
>>
>> So what you need is not so much a channel change to the same channel
>> during recording (that is hoping that changing to the same channel will
>> not cause a tuner hickup), but a true no-op IR command. It is well
>> possible that using the "OK" button signal would work that way.
>
> Technically, yes, but I'd prefer not to use IR.  I use firewire to
> change channels and would rather have a firewire solution.  If there's
> a no-op that can be done over firewire, I'd like to hear about it.  I
> tried changing to an invalid channel hoping the STB would ignore it,
> but instead, it change to the nearest channel.

Does the AVC command to get power status work on your box? (And
obviously, if yes, then does it prevent the auto-switch). Or maybe
poke at volume a bit (which should be a no-op if you've got digital
pass-through set, right)? Beyond that, off the top of my head, a quick
info/exit pair is the next best thing I can think of.

http://code.google.com/p/stb-command/wiki/Commands may yield further ideas.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com