[mythtv] Switched Digital Video Problem

David Engel david at istwok.net
Mon Jul 26 14:54:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:28:21AM +0200, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

Please don't reply in html on the MythTV lists.

> > My guess is that any IR activity would suffice for the STB to think
> > someone is still watching.  A couple of minutes before it actually
> > switches channels, it does pop up a message telling the viewer to
> > press OK to continue watching.
>
> So what you need is not so much a channel change to the same channel
> during recording (that is hoping that changing to the same channel will
> not cause a tuner hickup), but a true no-op IR command. It is well
> possible that using the "OK" button signal would work that way.

Technically, yes, but I'd prefer not to use IR.  I use firewire to
change channels and would rather have a firewire solution.  If there's
a no-op that can be done over firewire, I'd like to hear about it.  I
tried changing to an invalid channel hoping the STB would ignore it,
but instead, it change to the nearest channel.

> Another thing to test is whether calling up the menu has any impact on
> its 1394 output (i am assuming you are recording from 1394). If there
> is no impact, which is well possible, calling up the menu and canceling
> it again might be an effective way to solve this problem.

I'm using an HD-PVR to record so the video is coming from the
component outputs.

> P.S. for some reason i can receive the posts, but cannot post (at least
> i never see my own posts, and i do not find them in the archives)

Both messages I received from you were direct, so it looks like your
messages to the list aren't going through.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net