[mythtv] ATTN Windows Users: Libdvdnav and libdvdread resync

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Jul 22 22:15:06 UTC 2010

>>> Hi Erik,
>>>
>>> Thanks for this link-- I am indeed interested in this fix.  In truth,
>>> many of our local changes are now incorporated upstream so this resync
>>> moves us closer to native dvdread/nav.  Any idea when your BUP patch
>>> might land upstream?  I am not against incorporating it locally, just
>>> curious whether it was moving towards inclusion there.
>>
>> I am prepared to commit my tree to upstream w/in the next 8 days. That patch
>> will be included in that commit.

> Hi Erik,
>
> Presumably these changesets will also include some of John Stebbins'
> fixes from Handbrake?  If so, it may be best to wait and incorporate
> all of those at once.

The commit I am prepared to make is all of the libdvdread patches from John
except for read-dup-lut-pgc.patch. None of the libdvdnav patches from John
are going to be in that commit just because I am just now getting to
review them.

If you know that the read-dup-lut-pgc.patch does not break anything for MythTV
DVD playing, I would like to know. It is a very interesting fix. I am
also interested in
any thoughts you or any other MythTV devs have about the rest of the
patchset. For
the curious:
http://www.stebbins.biz/source/patches/

Erik Hovland