[mythtv] Please unlock ticket

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Jul 20 17:36:25 UTC 2010

On 7/20/2010 13:12, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> Now I have proof that the assumptions are wrong (screenshot of
> mythtv-setup) and new log file, but I cannot attach them, because the
> ticket is locked.

The entry in your logs that states you are connecting to 'locahost:6543'
is nothing more than an echo of the IP you are connecting to. If it has
'localhost' there, you have 'localhost' set in your database, when you
must have an IP set.  When you change that value in mythtv-setup, you
must continue hitting 'Next' all the way through to 'Finish', or else
the changes will be lost.  You must also restart any and all backends
and frontends for that change to take effect.

The assumptions were correct, and even if you are experiencing another
issue, that is a known and fatal misconfiguration that must be resolved
first before we can proceed.  Paste your logs in here and we can
determine if there is reason to open the ticket back up.