[mythtv] Configure questions: runtime cpu selection (maybe).

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Mon Jul 19 07:30:00 UTC 2010

I have looked at all the documentation I could find - the user manual
and the wiki - and can't find answers to the following questions. If
someone provides the information I'll happily provide a documentation patch.

Can anybody tell me exactly what:
   --enable-proc-opt        enable processor specific compilation

... actually means? If it means "compile to run on a specific processor"
for instance, then shouldn't it just say that instead (and a hint on how
to select said processor would be nice)? If I do not enable "processor
specific compilation" does that mean I get a binary that *isn't*
specific to a processor - and in that case why does configure tell me
that I don't have "runtime cpu detection"?

Thanks,

Davin