[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25364 - in branches/release-0-23-fixes/mythtv by gigem

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Jul 17 22:17:52 UTC 2010

> The idea is that you can update parts of your MythTV install, and they
> will all remain compatible so long as they are all of the same -fixes
> branch. Protocol and schema revisions are generally discouraged on the
> -fixes branch, but this one was especially problematic as it did
> conflict with an existing protocol revision used by trunk.

That being the case then why not just leave it broken until 0.24. Now if I
move beyond r25364 I'll have to update *ALL* my backends and frontends
which I've never had to do on a fixes branch before and its a PITA since
they are different processor families with different video drivers that
can't use a common config across boxes.

Perhaps now is a good time to move to trunk since fixes exhibits the same
level of stability :-(

--
Robin Gilks