[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r25364 - in branches/release-0-23-fixes/mythtv by gigem

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Sat Jul 17 07:55:06 UTC 2010

> > Note: this changes the ABI and protocol versions, so it's probably a
> > good idea to make clean before compiling.
>
> Please say you are pulling our legs - changing the ABI OK but the protocol
> version? in fixes?
>
> I thought that was the biggest no-no apart from database version
changes...

Why would changing protocol version be a problem in fixes?
As long as the new protocol version don’t conflict with something in trunk
and that a fixes installation can be upgraded later to the next version this
can't be an issue.

When you do an update you have to update all parts of a mythtv install
anyway.