[mythtv] myth-tv on windows

Mark irish at irishmark.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 10:17:09 UTC 2010

> So, my questions are: is there an official MythTV windows build? Or windows
> version is not needed by many people? Is there any plan to update the
> mythTV on
> Windows port?
> Let me know if I can help. I would be glad to contribute something.

There is no official build, but the win32 frontend and build script work
remarkably well and are maintained when those involved have the time.
Sometimes you need additional patches, but AFAIK at the minute you do not.
I have built trunk fairly recently (25247 IIRC) on win32 and use it daily.
Have you attempted a build yet? It may be that you need to tweak the
downloader script so the right version is obtained, but that isn't
difficult.
Personally ATM I prefer the d3d painter and playback, I have had minor
issues with ogl recently