[mythtv] myth-tv on windows

Clark Lee clarkchen900 at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Jul 10 06:32:55 UTC 2010

Hi, Everyone,

I tried mythtv on linux, it's cool. However I would like to run it on windows
too (because of some other program).
The current information I found for MythTV on Windows seems a bit outdate:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Windows_Port#Win32_Build_Script

where the script requires download of an outdated subversion (1.5.1?), and
subversion has moved to apache. The intention of the automatic build script is
great... but seems it was not maintained for quite sometime.

The link of unofficial prebuild package, http://members.iinet.net.au/~davco/
actually lead to some download service pages that continously pop up various
ads, but very slow download rate, like 9KBps for the 140MB package.

So, my questions are: is there an official MythTV windows build? Or windows
version is not needed by many people? Is there any plan to update the mythTV on
Windows port?
Let me know if I can help. I would be glad to contribute something.

Thanks,

Clark