[mythtv] PPC and OsX quartz renderer

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Jul 9 03:49:21 UTC 2010

> ... wait a minute? Mostly? Are you still hacking?

Yes. I will try to get the aspect restoring correctly.
It probably deserves a new ticket though,
because we have fixed the original problem -
"window is merely offset but not scaled"

> I just tested the latest 0.23 and it reminds me why I made all the changes
> in patch1. You remember the trick question? The calculations of
> VideoOutputQuartzView::Transform() are wrong!

What I did was try to make everything visible with the minimum of
code changes, and still allow the other output widgets to work.
I will probably keep stealing bits from patch.part1 :-)

> I've got a 4:3 screen, and the live tv will be 16:9
>
> Start myth, watch live tv. Evth. is fine.
>
> Toggle aspect no func

Oops. Forgot to virtualise ToggleAspectOverride in videooutbase.h.
Now fixed in -r25302.

> Toggle stretch ok (but 100% cpu and stutters)

Hmmm. That might be a different problem.
Did -v playback show output like:

2010-07-08 22:24:29.242 NVP(0): Video is 22.8028 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame to catch up.
2010-07-08 22:24:29.245 NVP(0): Video is 30 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame to catch up.

> esc. back to menu.
>
> I see a still video ... and behind it there may be the menu.

That sounds like a locking problem. I have seen similar,
but only on Live TV (not from Recordings), and only when
doing machine-gun testing - S Escape S Escape S Escape ...

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Gentlemen!              |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | You can't fight in here-|