[mythtv] missing bits from r25164?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:48:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:24 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 30 June 2010 19:17, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is precisely the kind of snafu that the (hopefully) soon to be
> > implemented buildbot should find.  As the first thing it would be tasked
> > with would be an automated build after commits...  There's another for me
> > look at on the weekend.
>
> This is not going to be trivial especially as the issue were on
> non-linux platform.

It will just require some custom build scripts, it's not terribly
difficult.

> Having something the build automatically after a commit and
> immediately email back the result of the compilation in case of error
> is going to be of help for sure.

Well, it will be web-based to start, and I think there may be an option to
mail when things get borked.

> But testing compilation on all 3 platforms (windows, mac, linux) may
> be a challenge...

Not really.  I would have to work with someone who has each platform to
setup the autobuild procedure for each, but I've done windows slaves already
for other projects, both in Cygwin and in mingw.  OSX should be easier than
either (being essentially a prettified UNIX).

Obviously, linux will be the first slave target to be "perfected".