[mythtv] DVD playback AV sync issues: all solved (?)

Davin McCall davmac at davmac.org
Tue Jan 26 08:32:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have finally gotten around to solving ticket #7067 completely
including for DVDs without menus. This was the last remaining case.

Anyone who was experience problems as described in #7067, I'd appreciate
if you could test the patch which is attached to the ticket. Please test
playback of DVDs, live TV, and any recordings to ensure there are no
regressions.

View patch:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/7067/mythtv.patch

Download patch:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/7067/mythtv.patch

The patch is quite large, but it is mostly removing code; I have
simplified the interface between vsync and NuppelVideoPlayer. The
videosync/vsync object now has no knowledge of the video framerate and
instead gets the frame rate for each frame as part of the WaitForFrame
call (previously, the WaitForFrame took an "adjustment" parameter, the
parameter now represents the full delay including normal frame interval
and adjustment).

Thanks,

Davin