[mythtv] go7007 based devices

TJ one.timothy.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:07:47 UTC 2010

Jelle Foks wrote:
> TJ wrote:
>> I am curious how many people are successfully using go7007 based
>> capture devices
>> with mythtv. I've done some patch work on go7007 driver to make it v4l2
>> compliant and was thinking of updating mythtv to stop using
>> proprietary go7007
>> ioctls, but wanted to feel the ground first.
>> -TJ
>>
>> PS: jelle you on this list?
>>
> Yep, I'm on it, but I guess I don't check on it very often ;-)...

You sure don't :)

> Myself, I'm using a bunch of plextors (with the go7007 chip), both
> M402's without tuner and TV402's with tuner on my mythbackend in the
> closet, using Ubuntu with a 2.6.31-11-generic-pae kernel and drivers
> that I made by combining the driver from the kernel staging tree and an
> older version that still worked, as I posted (with more details) on my
> blog at http://go70007.imploder.org . Somebody replied on the blog that
> it also works on 2.6.32.2, on ARM even... I actually don't know who
> maintains the go7007 driver in the staging tree, but I don't think it
> was the v4l guys.

Try this patch. It runs against kernel source. I tried it on 2.6.32, 2.6.32-r1
and -r2. I basically did some general cleanup on the go7007 driver in the kernel
tree, added few standard v4l2 commands and *temporarily* put back in proprietary
go7007 ioctls from your package for continued mythtv support. I also added
support for ADS Tech DVD Xpress DX2 board (which was the main reason I got into
it). It runs well on my DX2 boxes. I've got about 100 of them and am currently
testing it on 5.

-TJ