[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r22955 - in trunk by danielk

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:08:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

> the master backend.  Usually the messages were 1 or 2 seconds apart in
> the log instead of 10 seconds.
>
> The frontends were affected during this storm.  Symptoms included not
> being able to bring up the Watch Recordings screen, failure to start
> playing a program when Watch Recordings finally came up, and one
> instance of playback suddenly stopping mid-program.
>
> One other thing might be worth mentioning.  In looking through the
> logs, I realized that I also ran a couple of lossless transcode jobs
> on the master backend, one from 3:37pm to 3:42pm and another from to
> 8:16pm to 8:18pm.  It seems unlikely to be related, but just in
> case...
>
> I'd like to help get to the bottom of this.  Are there extra -v
> arguments I should add to the backends or frontends that would shed
> more light?  Any code modifications to try out?

Jim,

Did this issue ever get resolved for you?  I think I'm experiencing the same
thing.  I have an HD-PVR and an HDHomeRun and see everything you describe in
your message as far as Myth behavior at the user level and what is reported
in the logs.  I'm running the current .22-fixes and my WAF is in the toilet
because of corrupted recordings, which seem to occur at the same times the
log is reporting the errors you list.

-Jerry