[mythtv] MythNetVision dependencies

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Sun Jan 17 17:41:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Bob Cottingham <bobnvic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not Robert (at least not THAT Robert), but had the same problem.
> Robert wrote an extensive page on the wiki for MythNetVision. It's at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision and has a list of
> prerequisites. Reading that page, I was able to get it compiled and
> running.  He's done a very nice job.
>
> Bob C

Indeed he has!  Not to slight the other devs (including those who do
lots of work on documentation related topics) who are just as hard
working, but his excellent work to document not just the new plugin,
but also the revamped mythvideo has not received enough praise.

Documention isn't viewed as sexy by many people, so it (sadly) often
gets much less attention than it needs, which in the end creates more
work and headache for new users and developers alike.  <rant>Which
brings me to one of my hot buttons: if answers to questions were
documented in wiki's (or at least captured in mailing list threads)
rather than asked and answered repeatedly on IRC channels, we'd all be
the better for it.</rant>

Thanks to all the devs for all the hard work.  0.22 is awesome, and
0.23 is looking to be even better!

   Marc