[mythtv] dvdbackup/vobcopy extension for MTD ?

David dogge2k at gmx.de
Sat Jan 16 12:05:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just played with MTD and tried to import some DVDs. Sometimes I get an
read error while copying the DVD to hard disk due to unreadable sectors.
Using dvdbackup works fine and the program just ignores the corrupted
blocks.
I walked through the MTD code and found the location but I'm not sure if
it is useful to fix it or to switch to other tools like dvdbackup or
vobcopy. I think when using one of the external tools we have more
options for the user and the tools may be updated more often.
What are you thinking? Is it better to implement the use of an extern
tool or shall I try to fix the MTD code?

Thanks
- David