[mythtv] Newbie question: how to install on remote frontend?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 14:55:23 UTC 2010

2010/1/3 Jongi <jongitech at gmail.com>:

> I just want to make sure that I am reading this correctly. If my main
> FE/BE is running SVN, then any FE only machines also have to be running
> SVN? And also the same distro?

not the same distro; but you should run all frontends and backends on
the same exact version of myth to avoid incompatibilities.

Inreality it is very likely that minor differences in builds are
rarely going to cause problems; but dont report problems / issues
until you can reproduce the issue when all are running on the exact
same version. So it is much simpler and easier to ensure all are
running on the same version all the time.