[mythtv] Notice: Python binding rewrite

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jan 1 17:36:54 UTC 2010

On 1/1/2010 5:56 AM, Ian Barton wrote:
> This looks looks good, even though I will need to rewrite quite a few
> of my  programs:) I welcome the addition of proper logging,as ATM I
> use my own routine. Putting messages in the standard MythTV logs is
> much better.

If you had gotten by with direct manipulation of the database, those
won't cease to function. The only code that would require significant
rework would be ones that use the old assorted MythVideo functions, and
you can find translations for most of those attached elsewhere in this
thread.  Other than that, it's just some minor changes to convert old
programs over.

> ATM I have several routines that access the DB directly to get data,
> although they do actually use the MythDB class. One example is a
> routine to make a file name based on the recording's Title and date,
> but removing any possible illegal characters.

I've got code for a FuseFS program that does basically this.  It just
follows the formatting used by mythrename.pl.  I could drop this into
the Recorded class without significant effort.  I'm not sure what other
'file oriented functions' one would need.