[mythtv] lirc_client.c sending empty CODE cmd to LIRC -> segfault

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:40:12 UTC 2010

On 02/13/2010 07:09 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/09/2010 10:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> It seems Daniel K modified our version of lirc_client.{h,c} for thread
> safety before importing it so it has quite a few differences to the
> upstream version, but I'd still like to see the linefeed fix sent
> upstream. Also, is your patch for LIRC for the tools/lirc_client.{h,c}
> code? If so, once it's in the upstream copy, we could easily pull an
> update from them.

Hi, I just talked with Christoph Bartelmus of LIRC and we cleared up the
newline issue. Remember us talking about this? You said I should let
LIRC know about the missing newline and the other bug, because you pull
their version and you'd like to have the newline fixed upstream instead
of myth.

It appears the issue is not related to original LIRC code at all, it's
just in myth. The thing is their read function leaves newlines in the
buffer and that's why their lirc_code2char FMT string cannot have "\n".
Christoph said you're using your own read function which removes
newlines. Because of this custom read function, you're missing a newline
in the CODE command.

The newline should be added to other changes you apply to upstream
lirc_client - well, or change the read function. Let me know if you need
more, this is the original post:

Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
> The problem is that they don't use lirc_nextcode() in their lirc.cpp but
> have their own read function, which throws away the newline.
> lirc_client is the wrong place to add it.
> lirc_code2char simply expects the newline still to be in the code string.

Best regards,

--
David Kubicek