[mythtv] DVD playback AV sync issues: all solved (?)

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:56:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some of my NBC OTA recordings have stuttering and jerkiness when using
> trunk and playing back using the VDPAU Normal profile.  The older
> mythtv.2.patch fixed it, but the problem has returned with the
> mythtv.4.patch.  I uploaded a 1-minute clip and logs to demonstrate.
>
> heroes_test2.mpg, 100MB
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQZDRmY2M5NjMtZDM3OC00ZGY1LTg4NGItMmU1YzY5NTIzODQ4&hl=en
>
> heroes_test2.patch2.log
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQNzYwZDNjZDAtMjQxZS00YjRlLWEyYTktNTZkMGVmODkzNmRi&hl=en
> This is the output of "mythavtest -v important,general,playback,extra"
> with mythtv.2.patch applied.  (Ignore the GetNumSetting log messages,
> this is something I'm working on.)
>
> heroes_test2.patch4.log
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxETmfuHvGPQZDVjYmRhNzAtOGI4NS00ZjVmLTgyNzUtZGZiNWZlYTYwNTE1&hl=en
> This is the output with mythtv.4.patch applied.
>
> $ mythfrontend --version
> Please include all output in bug reports.
> MythTV Version   : 23506M
> MythTV Branch    : trunk
> Network Protocol : 56
> Library API      : 0.23.20100131-1
> QT Version       : 4.5.2
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
> using_fribidi using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
> using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
> using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
> using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
> using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
> using_live using_mheg
>

> Jim

The reason your setup worked fine with patch2 is that a bug existed in
the patch which prevented a 2x deinterlacer from running. In patch4 it
was corrected to allow the 2x deinterlacing (although it still needs
to fixed in one other place). I've confirmed in your logs that with
patch2 you are using Temporal 1x and with patch4 you are using
Temporal 2x. Your problem is with using Temporal 2x. I would assume
the ION has the power to handle Temporal 2X on MPEG 1080i so I'll take
your sample and try and reproduce.

Regards.

--
Taylor