[mythtv] Popbox

Micah Schehl micah at schehl.com
Fri Feb 5 20:46:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:42:00PM -0500, Micah Schehl wrote:
> > I was wondering if anybody has been looking into creating an application
> for
> > the Popbox that is supposed to come out this spring.  The price of the
> box
> > is supposed to be between $130 and $170.
> >
> > http://www.popbox.com/
> >
> > I would be willing to help program the popbox application "popapp",
> although
> > I am not familiar with the mythtv server's protocols.
>
> It  looks like it is a dedicated flash lite player.  I guess you would
> have to write a flash player that can talk to mythtv.  It mentions H.264
> decoding, but nothing else, so I guess unless mythtv happens to be using
> that codec, it won't like the video files very much.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

The Popbox itself lists that it can handle MPEG-2, but the only find
information I can find for third-party developer's is for flash lite.  If
the Popbox doesn't somehow allow MPEG-2 playback through third-party apps,
then a MythTv app on it doesn't seem worthwhile.