[mythtv] Ignore DefaultEndOffset in LiveTV record (tv_rec.cpp:NotifySchedulerOfRecording)

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:47:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

does anybody know what's the reasoning behind ignoring DefaultEndOffset
(m_endOffset) in TVRec::NotifySchedulerOfRecording? It's ignored when
choosing to record current LiveTV program, but that's how I use
DefaultEndOffset most often. :)

When I want to record what I'm watching right now (often), I have to
start recording, stop watching (!), go to Watch Recordings, edit the
program's rule, extend the schedule, go back to watching.

I patched my SVN checkout to keep DefaultEndOffset honored, that's not a
problem per se, but it just may have some unpredictably evil
ramifications I'm not aware of. The scheduler is quite complex and I'd
appreciate if somebody knew something about this measure.

Thank you,

--
David Kubicek