[mythtv] Mac OS X Packager from git?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 31 14:17:07 UTC 2010

At 5:35 PM -0800 12/30/10, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>  Building of ffmpeg is currently disabled but I'm not sure that has
>>any implications for Mac users. (MacOS backend and frontend.)  I
>>think ffmpeg is mostly (only?) used for nuvexport which only works
>>with nupplevideo files.  For sure, the HDHomerun records  MPEG-TS
>>format.  I believe firewire recorders are the same.
>
>This is absolutely not correct.
>
>nuvexport works with *all* captured files from mythtv.  It is not only
>for .nuv files, and never has been only for nuv files.  I have
>recently tested it with files ranging from MPEG2-PS (from ivtv) to
>MPEG2-TS (HD-Homerun and other OTA capture) to H.264 from my HD-PVR.

Sorry for the wrong information.  I was basing my posting on the wiki entry:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Nuvexport

I've scanned through the source for nuvexport and I don't see where
the allowed input formats are enumerated.

I now see that there is a mention of nuvexport in the official docs.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use#Editing.2C_Transcoding.2C_Removing_Commercials

There is a dead link to "A work in progress manual for nuvexport" at:
http://www.inaudible.co.uk/nuvexport

Is there some better source of info available?

Craig